Making changes in White Pages Connect
- How do I edit the information of my business location/s?
Once you have accessed White Pages Connect by logging into your self-service account, you can fill out, edit or update the information of your business location/s. If you have not activated or set up your self-service account, click here to find out how.
Your White Pages Connect dashboard will look a little different depending on whether you have one location or multiple (see images).
Follow the instructions below to begin editing your location information:
- When you initially set up your White Pages Connect product, only some information in the Profile section would have already been filled out. That’s why you might receive content suggestions on the Dashboard, which will help give your business more visibility online. Click on any of the tiles to fulfil your location profile to its full potential.
- Now to continue adding content to the profile of your location, work your way through the three tabs near the top – ‘Basic Data’, ‘Rich Data’ and ‘Photos & Videos’.
- Start in Basic Data. Here you can add straightforward information such as address, phone number, website and more.
- Then move to Rich Data. Here you can provide information that helps people understand your business and allows search engines to find you. This includes social media profiles, payment options, brands you stock and services offered.
- And lastly, move to the Photos & Videos tab. Here you can showcase your business by uploading photos and videos – even your logo.
Note: Don’t forget to save your changes after each edit. Trying aiming for 100% Profile Completeness on the scale to the right of the screen.
- What are Profile Suggestions? And what can I do within this tab?
With Profile Suggestions, you can improve your profile completeness in just a few clicks. You will see feedback on your business profiles collected from the 30+ platforms you’re listed on. Simply review this feedback and add missing information about your location by ticking the box of each suggestion. These changes will be pushed out to all the publishing platforms.
Note: You can either tick the suggested fields or leave them blank if you do not wish to accept the suggestions.
- What is the Directories tab?
When you initially set up your White Pages Connect product, you should have already created or connected your Google and Facebook account. If you haven’t, the Directories tab will ask you to do it now. You’ll see two boxes prompting you to set up them up. It’s essential to create and connect these accounts as they will significantly improve your online presence.
Click here to find out how to set up your Google account.
Click here to find out how to set up your Facebook account.
If you have set up your Google and Facebook account, the Directories tab will display all the different platforms where your business information appears. You can see which listings are synced with your latest updates.
- What is the Dashboard? Can I view my reporting here?
Yes, you can see how your business is performing online within the Dashboard. From Facebook clicks, to calls from your Google listing, to impressions – you can see what people are doing when they come across your listings. You can also see the number of duplicate listings that were suppressed and the platforms they were found on.
To understand more the graphs on the Dashboard, hover over the information symbol in the top right corner for an explanation of what they represent.
- Can I integrate my own business website to the network of publishers updated as part of White Pages Connect?
No, unfortunately this is not possible. Updates to your own website must be completed and managed yourself.
- With White Pages Connect, can I have Facebook Location Pages without having a general Facebook page for my business?
Facebook Location Pages allows you to connect and manage all your business locations on Facebook.
There is no requirement to have a general Facebook page for your business. You can have separate Facebook pages for each location without having a parent page for them.
However, if you are a large business with many locations, having a general page Facebook page for your business is a good idea and can help to promote brand awareness.
- My business has closed, how can I remove my online content within White Pages Connect?
You must inform White Pages that you would like your information taken down. This will be actioned by your White Pages account executive or manager in the White Pages Connect platform.
Note: You must still fulfil the 12-month commitment period for White Pages Connect.